Raising your homes value
Compliments on your remodeling efforts are always a welcome payoff, but nothing beats seeing your home value rise as a result of your hard work.
Projects that add value:
- Kitchen and bath updates
- Replacement of exterior siding
- Fresh interior paint
- Rejuvenation of landscaping
Less-profitable projects share one of three flaws: they cost too much, they involve a space that isn’t used every day or they reflect too much of your personal taste.
Projects that won't raise your home's value include:
- Turning a spare bedroom into a home office
- Conversion of a garage into a family room
- Screening an outdoor room
- Adding a deluxe kitchen upgrade into anything but an upscale home